Wednesday 18 July 2012

Summer Blues!

It has been raining non stop where I am, so despite the fact it is meant to be summer I find myself still reaching for my winter clothes, which mainly consist of grey and black items so after needing a pop of colour in my wardrobe I came across Barry M's new line of Glitter nail varnishes!

Haha, I couldn't open it so had to use my teeth, hence the tooth mark! I was so desperate to try it!! x

The one that I decided to buy was the Aqua blue colour (number 340, £2.99) and soon as I got home I couldn't wait to give it ago! I found that the glitter was actually quite sparse when I first applied the nail varnish and the colour of it was mainly clear with a few blue pieces of glitter in it. Therefore I think it would be nice to apply over another nail varnish, though I decided to build up the colour by applying a few more coats!


I found that I actually needed to apply 5 or 6 coats in order to get an opaque colour, so I think it is a nail varnish designed to be applied over another, nonetheless due to it being a glitter nail varnish it hardly made a dent in it! I really loved the colour of this, in some colours it looks green and in others it looks blue and the glitter definitley makes it very eye catching. This nail varnish has both small and large flecks of glitter in it which adds texture to the nail varnish and enables it to reflect the light!



I love the colour of this nail varnish, it actually reminds me of mermaids! It is really great for adding a splash of colour to a dull day and I will be trying some of the other colours within the range - they make a nice change to the current pastels of this season!

Are you loving glitter nail varnishes or still loving pastels?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment